Perfection is the only level of standard acceptable to a couple planning their wedding, and the decision of a wedding resort is no different. A resort wedding is all about location, location and location. But before you go searching the internet and wedding magazines, consider the following as necessary steps to take in finding the perfect resort for wedding.
Create a vision. As a couple, decide on what the wedding will look like from start to finish. Write down your “must haves” – these are the elements of your wedding, on which you are not willing to compromise. Then prepare another list of your wedding wants – this list will consist of elements you will bid farewell if the budget will not allow.
Create a budget. Every couple would love to be in a position to afford their wedding vision without financial restriction. However, this is not always the case. At the top of your list write in red the maximum amount of money you are willing to spend for your resort wedding. Starting with your “must-have” list allot an estimated amount from the budget to each item.
Now that you are clear about your vision and your budget, it is time to start looking for a wedding resort. The best starting point will be the internet. With your list in hand, begin the search, keeping the following in mind:
1. Wedding resorts are normally all-inclusive; room, food, drink and basic amenities are included in the rate quoted. You will however come across non-inclusive properties where rates include room only or a limited combination of room and food options. Select a resort that best match your vision and budget. All-inclusive rates are generally higher but provide a greater peace of mind to the couple. But please remember; all-inclusive is not “ALL is included”. Make a note of services that come at an additional charge, such as hair and makeup.
2. Wedding packages will vary from one wedding resort to the other. It is important that you select a package that will work within your budget and your vision. You want a wedding resort with flexible packages; allowing you to alter or add various elements depending on your needs. Communicate with the wedding coordinator to ensure you understand the packages and the change in pricing to accommodate any add-ons you might request.
3. Read reviews of other couples. All that glitter is not gold. You cannot judge a resort only from the professional photos on their website. You must take the time out to read the reviews of other couples who have selected that wedding resort in the past.
4. Pay attention to the restrictions that may be hidden in the fine print. For example the resort advertises a wedding package that is just perfect, but a condition of that package is that you must book ten nights. Additionally, consider whether the resort will restrict your ability to hire any third party to provide certain services. For example are you free to hire your own photographer or bring in your own wedding cake.
5. Travelling costs and requirements cannot be overlooked. This should be paramount in your mind as you search. A wedding resort can never be perfect if you or your guests cannot get there or getting there eats up a significant portion of your budget.
In a resort wedding the couple is able to get married in a beautiful location and at the same time treat themselves and their guests to a vacation. Investing the time to find that perfect wedding resort will definitely leave a couple happy.